- B.S. in Sports Medicine, West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Associate in Occupational Studies Degree in Massage Therapy, Swedish Institute
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (BCTMB)
- Pre/Post Natal Certification
- Certified in Upper Body Myofascial Release Therapy
"When I listen to a client and address their body’s needs, we develop trust. That trust is what gives my clients the motivation to strive for better self-care and work on their recovery.”
Makena Mckain, LMT, BCTMB, believes that massage therapy is a necessity, not a luxury. The connection between mind, body and spirit drew to massage, and she enjoys seeing her clients’ bodies relax and breathe while the tension and negative energy leave their bodies.
Being part of a wellness team and collaborating with her fellow members is an important aspect of providing clients with optimal care for . She specializes in pre/post-natal massage, MyoFascial Release Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy (Levels I – III) as well as Neuromuscular Therapy, especially in the lower body, neck and shoulders. is also a member of the American Massage Therapy Association and New York Medical Massage Society.
On her off time, loves playing tennis with her 10-year old and row at the Row House, which is her new obsession (and a great full-body workout). She also likes to take painting classes as a form of meditation and is currently pursuing a certification as an Herbalist.